Monday, August 2, 2010

They Blew me away

A band that never seems to stop experimenting. I have never heard them play the same kind of music. Each time, there’s something different that stands out. For many this has two implications. One: either that they are unsure as to where they fit in and thus play whatever – be it alternative rock or be it alternative metal. Two: They play different music because they have one thing on their mind – whatever they play should be worth listening to. True as their name, they seem to be known to break the rules. Here they are, Breaking Benjamin.

I still remember how the first song of theirs left me hunting to know them. I had heard a song of theirs on a popluar radio channel, but I couldn’t grasp it. The next day, I typed whatever I could remember of the song. And thirty minutes later I discovered ‘Dairy of Jane’. It was the first song of Breaking Benjamin and there begins my journey with them.

The Dairy of Jane



As I mention in my blogs the usual practice to find out more songs, I heard the next one and it was another master piece of theirs which I liked a lot. This time around the wordings and the music where felt on the same time. The guys voice, if I can explain is deep and sings with a lot of passion which makes his songs so very overwhelming

Blow me Away



These guys are really awesome to listen. The songs I like are So Cold, Breath, Give me a sign, I will not bow and many more.

After all the hard hitting songs the song which I really liked was Rain, because it’s slow “NO”, because it is soothing and the song has a such a lovely meaning. This cannot be explained more, you got to listen to it to get the feel of it

Rain



Breaking Benjamin is a band from Pennsylvania, and they are lined up

Current Members:
Benjamin Burnley - lead vocals, rhythm guitar (1998–Present)
Aaron Fink - lead guitar (2001–Present)
Mark Klepaski - bass guitar (2001–Present)
Chad Szeliga - drums, percussion (2005–Present)

Former Members:
Chris Lightcap - drums, percussion (1998)
Nick Hoover - bass guitar (1998)
Jonathan "Bug" Price - bass guitar, backing vocals (1998–2001)
Jeremy Hummel - drums, percussion (1998, 2001–2004)
Kevin Soffera - drums, percussion (2004)
Ben "B.C." Vaught - drums, percussion (2004–2005)

The band was formed in the year 1998, they fall into different category of rock as it depends on the kind of music they play. Their music is most often classified as alternative rock, alternative metal, nu metal, and post-grunge. Till date they have released 4 albums. Saturate (2002), We are not alone (2004), Phobia (2006) and Dear Agony (2009). The music is good so is the lyrics. The number of fans on Facebook is 1,091,947 (July 6, 2010). This will grow and the dairy of Benjamin will be known to the world.

Rock Forever \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment