Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Poets

20,000+ views and 100+ comments, a song on YouTube, caught my eye while just rambling through. I clicked and then it started. The guitar and the other instruments together sounded magical. I knocked my head to the music. The title of the song was “Poets of the Fall – Lift”

Poets of the Fall – Lift



And it didn’t stop there. ‘Late Goodbye’ was my second pick. Sounded good to me again! Then I realized that this was the band’s first song. It sometimes is difficult to explain what music does to you. For me, sometimes it makes me “Lift my spirit, take me higher, make me fly. Touch the moon up in the sky”. In short that’s what ‘The Poet’s’ music can do to people like me and you as well.

Fact o File:

An alternative rock band from Helsinki, Finland formed in the year 2003 by Marko Saaresto and Olli Tukiainen. The latter had written few songs for Saaresto’s previous band Playground. Shortly, they were joined by Kaarlonen whom Saaresto got to know through his friend Sami Jarvi.

Current Band Members:

Saaresto (Lead Vocals, song writer)
Tukiainen (Lead Guitar)
Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen (Keyboards, Production)
Jani Snellman (Bass Guitar)
Jaska Mäkinen (Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals)
Jari Salminen (Drums, Percussion)

On 30 June 2004, the Poets released their first single Late Goodbye which was the OST for Max Payne 2 Game.

Poets of the Fall – Late Goodbye



On 9 September 2004, they released their second single Lift. They were voted fresh newcomer of 2004 in Finland. Lift won the 2nd place in the best song of the year category, Late Goodbye was at 7th. On 18th December 2004, Poets released an internet download single entitled May be Tomorrow is a Better Day.

Poets of the Fall - May be Tomorrow is a Better Day



For 2003 till date they have released 4 albums.

Signs of Life (2005–2006)
Carnival of Rust (2006–2007)
Revolution Roulette (2008-2009)
Twilight Theater (2010 onwards)
Carnival of Rust



The band is popular among alternative rock lovers and most find the Saaresto’s voice irresistible. Songs like desire, sleep, linger in your minds because of the soothing effect it brings.

Poets of the Fall – Sleep


Enjoy the song! I am off to sleep for now.

Rock Forever \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment