Monday, June 21, 2010

A song for Freedom, Fire and Future

“Wavin’ Flag – K’naan”, a mail from my friend saying that it’s an amazing song with good beats. As he assumed, I did like the beats and the lyrics. A totally perfect hip hop song.

Wavin' Flag - K'naan (featuring Akon - A Tribute to Third World Children) Music Video



The idea behind the song? The children in the third world countries don’t get what they want. Being ruled by the local mafias they lead a life with ‘guns in their hands instead of books’. They deal with drugs, illegal elephant tusks, and diamonds, just like it’s just ‘another thing’. The theme totally bowled me over. For once, I could foresee something good. A thumbs up for the positive initiative taken to let the world know what’s happening to the children in the third world, and the future that they hope for.

K'NAAN - Wavin' Flag (Coca-Cola Celebration Mix)



This song is about the celebration around this beautiful game called Football, being played in South Africa this time; asking everyone to wave their flag high and support. This song was a super kick-off, scheduled just in time when all the world cup flags were being shown before the start. It resonated the joy, the passion of World Cup. ‘It’s the time for the festival; it’s time for the FIFA World Cup’ was all that was ringing louder and louder in people’s heart with every single beat.

Knaan feat. Will.i.am & David Guetta - Waving Flag - Official Music Video



The official song is a very peppy number, with same music but a little change in lyrics and the inclusion of William and David Guetta in the video.

I was enjoying the song thinking it would be played for World Cup opening ceremony as the World Cup Official song. But Guess what? I was wrong! This wasn’t the official song! To my amazement, I found that it was Shakira’s – Waka Waka. It was a typical Shakira song with her hips moving the exceptional way, the best she does. A good song with a message saying to be ready for the battle.



When I compare both songs I feel K’naan feels much better than Shakira’s song. There is an extra touch in the song, it’s has more enthusiasm and the moment of the song is continuous which is good. Unlike Shakira’s the flow is broken and then pick’s up the tempo. Well both have its class and both are famous songs. So we have to welcome both and people will have their own thoughts about the song. For me, I go with K’naan

Give me Freedom, Give me Fire. Give me reason, take you higher. See the champions take the field now. The Festival has begun: Football World Cup.
Keep Waving

2 comments:

  1. I like this post! Can't choose which is a better song as both are in my fav's list ... but definitely i have learnt a little more about 'Wavin’ Flag – K’naan'!
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that it's helpful. Will provide more and more information as I get it.

    Appreciate the effort of reading and commenting on the same!

    Keep Reading :)

    ReplyDelete