Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fortress is Burning!

‘Agalloch’, to define the band precisely, it’s not just one of those bands, but a band which amuses everyone who listens to it, purely because of its amazing ability to attract and soothe you with their music. And that’s how I got into it.

Formed in 1995 from then onwards they have never looked back. This is one of the finest Folkloric Doom Metal you will ever hear. Till today they have around 11 albums released and each album can never get as unique as theirs. It makes your heart beat in sync with every beat of the music. The description of music is always difficult to express. It should be felt within.

The song I got pulled towards them was

Our Fortress is Burning – I


After finishing this which ended in between I knew there was another part to it . Oh! Hell yeah, wasn’t it amazing that the part –II had some amazing continuation and even better was that there was part III, which was thundering and even better! Didn’t expect to have three parts to a song, but it all made sense in the end!



Our Fortress is Burning – II - Bloodbirds


Our Fortress is Burning – III – The Grain


It very interesting how you get inclined towards a particular choice and you start loving it more than ever. I hope and wish that I can keep pace with the Death Metal arena and write about more unknown and unnoted bands. I am sure to do that as Agalloch is one medium where in I can find what I am looking for.

Agalloch was playing in my car and friend told me, just think how amazing it would be to see them live. I can understand what he is trying to say. And he say's it's one of his dreams to watch them live.

Agalloch on Myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/agalloch


No comments:

Post a Comment