Monday, March 1, 2010

The Concert -One Word - Mind Blowing - Part 2

Thanks for reading!

Continuing from where I left last time. With just two days left, and none of my friends from college or even office to accompany me, I thought I might have to go alone. But sometimes, your thoughts don’t become reality and this was one such moment, because I had a person accompanying me to the concert.

Who was this person. There’s a small story you got read. It was just another day at college with the professor calling out the attendance as if you were in school. A particular name was called out ( Privacy issues, names can’t be revealed, sorry folks) and I shouted “absent” and suddenly I was startled when a voice screamed “No Sir, I am present". Now, there I was looking, who that person was, I had never seen that guy for the entire semester and there he was saying present. Confused, bewildered, I shook my head and apologised for being wrong.
An hour later, after the class, during the breaks, an usual chat session was on and I spoke to that guy, and during the conversation he happened to mention about the Iron Maiden show. The very words Iron Maiden triggered an adrenal rush and I was totally energised! I said “I am going too”, and asked if I could join him” All he said was “5'0 clock Brigade Road, I will be waiting for you”. Now that I had some company, the excitement heightened and reached a whole new level.

The next day, I was ten minutes behind schedule, I called him on his cell phone, he said “ I am waiting down the road”. I went running just to find that what awaited me was something I never expected. There he was, with a couple of his friends. So finally the number was four, yeah there were four of us who barely knew each other but united by spirit of love for rock music.

It took about two hours to reach the ground zero, the place where the concert was happening, the palace grounds. The noise there was deafening. It was 7:15, and Parikrama — a local Indian Rock Band was on stage. People wanted Maiden and not them at that point of time, so people chant “Maiden” Mantra again and again.

And finally, at about nine we saw them. We saw the demi-gods. I was too far too see them. As it happens in rock concerts, there were divisions for different category of passes and tickets. I belonged to those who had a ticket for Rs.800. Those who paid Rs1200 were luckier, they got a closer view. Many jumped the fence and got into the 1200 bucks category. There were huge screen placed everywhere. But that didn’t satisfy many music lovers and I was one of them. I was lucky enough to escape the lathi charge while jumping into the1200 bucks category. ( I know, sometimes you do crazy stuffs and smile when you think of it later on) And finally, after all this madness, or passion, or whatever you may call it, I was right there, in the middle of the concert.

Got to stop for now. Will continue what happens next in the up-coming post. Believe me, you don’t know what to expect. All I say is ‘Wait for it’.

Rock Forever \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment